Home of the Round Top Festival Institute, the Festival Hill campus opened officially in 1976, and was just about 6 acres large. Today, it has grown to over 200 acres. It has been generously planted with thousands of trees and bushes of various species. It offers to visitors shadowing lakes, picnic areas, jogging trails and wonderful herb gardens. In addition to the School Building (1956), the only building on the original 6-acre site, the William Lockhart Clayton House (1885) from La Grange and the Menke House (1902) from Hempstead came to Festival Hill soon after its creation and today provide lodging, meeting, rehearsal, dining and practice space for the Young Artists, Faculty and staff. On 1994, the Edythe Bates Old chapel (1883), formerly the Travis Street United Methodist Church of La Grange, was added to the campus. The landscaping of the grounds is spectacular, offering various settings and gardens. More recent additions include the Texas/Mediterranean Albert and Ethel Herzstein Stone Chapel and Memorial Plaza, the Log House and the Three Artists Residences. The center-piece of the campus is the magnificent 1,000 seat Festival Concert Hall, a peerless acoustical master work! Map of Festival Hill Continue your visit of these pages to get more details!