The Menke House dates back to 1902. Moved from Hempstead, Texas to Festival Hill in 1978, the single-story ranch house was renovated into a three-level Victorian-style home. A basement was built under the original house and now holds the dining hall and food service kitchen of our campus.
The first floor features the Hoblitzelle parlors - four connecting rooms which run the entire length of the house to the left of the entry and contain many antiques. These rooms are used for teaching, recital programs, seminars, meetings and parties. The first floor also features two bedrooms with full baths. The striking Gothic Revival staircase prominent in the entrance hall leads up to the second story. There are six bedrooms opening off the upstairs sitting rooms and all these bedrooms, complete with baths, are furnished in period pieces from the Institute collections. Many are from the Guion collection. The eight bedrooms are used to house faculty and guests.