Extraordinary Event - Beethoven Celebration - June 11, 2016
BE PART OF AN EXTRAORDINARY EVENT ON OUR OPENING NIGHT ON JUNE 11TH, 2016!
Depending on your level of support for this event, benefits can include complimentary tickets, brunch with Institute Founder James Dick, and a seat on the stage balcony. See complete list below.
The orchestral concert at 7:30 pm on opening night presents a program of two works rarely, if ever, performed together--works of one of the most beloved, if not the greatest, composers to have ever lived, Ludwig van Beethoven.
...one of Beethoven's finest compositions, the Choral Fantasy
Dedicated to King Maximillian-Joseph of Bavaria in 1808 and arguably one of Beethoven's finest compositions, the Choral Fantasy has an intriguing history that includes Beethoven stopping the premier performance halfway through and starting again. Two hundred eight years later, Maestro Christoph Campestrini and the Texas Festival Orchestra will be joined by distinguished soloists, including James Dick on piano, and the Texas Master Chorale in the Festival Concert Hall to perform this magnificent orchestral work.
For a stunningly beautiful excerpt of the Choral Fantasy performed by Maestro Claudio Abbado and the Berliner Philharmoiker, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCsNlSMAq44.
Beethoven's final complete symphony--Symphony No. 9, the Choral Symphony
The second half of the concert will be devoted to Beethoven's final complete symphony--almost universally considered Beethoven's greatest work--Symphony No. 9, also known as the Choral Symphony. It was the first time a combination of voices and orchestra was ever attempted in a symphony. The stirring words of Friedrich Schiller's Ode to Joy complete the rousing finale.
For an excerpt of the Choral Symphony performed by Maestro Claudio Abbado and the Berliner Philharmoiker, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgIrf_zTJco.
For the repertoire and list of performers on the opening night of the 2016 Round Top Music Festival, visit June 11, 7:30 PM Beethoven Celebration.
A momentous production at Round Top Festival Institute...
A momentous production of this magnitude requires considerable planning and financial resources. It is with support from friends like you that we can be successful.
Benefits of Supporting this Special Event
How do you become a partner in this extraordinary event and, perhaps, conduct the orchestra? Below are several opportunities as you consider your giving level.
- At a $250 commitment, you will receive a CD of the live concert.
- At a $500 commitment, a Supporter will receive the above as well as 2 tickets to the concert.
- At a $1,000 commitment, a Donor will receive the same benefits as a Supporter and 4 tickets to the concert plus a special program insert personally signed by James Dick and Maestro Campestrini.
- At a $2,500 commitment, a Sustainer will receive the same as a Donor and 6 tickets plus an invitation to a special Sunday brunch for 2 the following morning at the Menke House with James Dick and members of the production.
- At a $5,000 commitment, an Orchestra Supporter will receive the Sustainer package as well as an exciting perspective of the concert with 2 reserved seats on the stage balcony looking down and watching the conductor during the performance of Beethoven's 9th Symphony. Limited number of Orchestra Supporter commitments are available.
- We are also offering a one-only Conductor Supporter commitment at the $10,000 level. As a Conductor Supporter you will receive something unique. After a quick lesson on the Friday before the concert with Maestro Campestrini, you will have the opportunity to conduct the orchestra in the national anthem at the beginning of the Opening Concert, plus a box reserved for 6, brunch the following morning at the Menke House with James Dick and members of the production, a signed special event program insert and a CD of the concert. Already sponsored.
This is a major undertaking for Round Top Festival Institute. Achievable with the support of our donors, it will be a truly extraordinary event to cherish.
Donations are accepted online or by mail. Indicate for Extraordinary Event when you donate. MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express are accepted. If your donation is $500 or more, you will receive an email confirming your complimentary tickets. Tickets will be held at the will call table on the west side of the concert hall.
If you wish to send your gift by mail, please make your check payable to "The James Dick Foundation" and mail to The James Dick Foundation, PO Box 89, Round Top, TX 78954. Indicate on the check that your gift is restricted to "Extraordinary Event".
For more information, call the office at 979-249-3129 or send an email to email@example.com. Your gift is tax-deductible to the fullest extent as allowed by law.
Buy tickets now.
Round Top Festival Institute is the sole project of The James Dick Foundation for the Performing Arts,
a 501(c)(3) non-profit public educational foundation since 1972.